Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In Case of an Emergency

Today marks exactly one week until I fly out to see David for his BCT graduation – then off to Ft. Benning, Ga for the start of Officer’s Candidate School. I am so glad to get BCT behind us and I am glad OCS is finally starting…but we still have a very long road ahead of us. OCS is 12 weeks long – that is a long stretch without getting to see each other, but somehow I am sure we will manage. The other day I was filling out a questionnaire and I got to the bottom of the form and there was an emergency contact information section. It caught me off guard for a minute as I had to think long and hard about who I was going to put in that blank…David – hmmmmm…nope, that won’t work. Someone would have better luck going through the American Red Cross to get information to him rather than actually calling him personally. Sheeeeeeshhhh! So, for the first time in YEARS, I put my mother down. And I am so thankful I have her! It was quite an eerie feeling though, I suppose since I haven’t done it in so long. Just another thing to get used to as being / becomming an Army Wife, I guess!


Tonight was my first 101 session at CrossFit. I really am enjoying the new workout routine and the different variations of exercises. It puts a whole new spin on what I thought I knew…or used to know…or something like that. Anyways, I do know that it is going to be very challenging, but well worth it in the long run. I am adapting well to the paleo way of eating – I will post more on that and my experiences thus far in a separate post sometime over the weekend. Until then, ciao!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment