Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Twenty-Thirteen


Well hello there! Yes, I’m GUILTY. I have not blogged for more than half a year – ever since baby Colten was born.  The (unintended) hiatus was actually nice…and as we all do at the beginning of every New Year, I am attempting my blogging venture - yet again.
I had thought about changing my blog – you know, giving it a facelift for the New Year.  Maybe renaming it, getting a new website, having a different focus, or whatever.  But, I have since convinced myself that just because I have a new blog, doesn’t mean I will keep up with it any better than this one (ouch!)  However, with that being said, this year the focus of my blog will somewhat change.
When I started this blog, it was all about the Army, David, and our adventures that came along with that territory.  While I will still touch on those topics, I am also planning on expanding to topics such as crafts, recipes, cooking, cleaning, fitness, school, traveling, politics, and of course Colten!  The focus will pretty much be anything and everything going on in our day-to-day lives.
I did update the layout of the blog.  I think it’s rather fancy J What do you think?!  I’d like to give a shout out and HUGE thank you to the folks over at The Cutest Blog on the Block (http://thecutestblogontheblock.com) for the template!  They have an awesome website!  Check them out for sure if you are a fellow blogger (or even if you are not!)
So what has happened over the past six months? Well, I had a baby, we moved (AGAIN!), I gained a (not so) voluptuous 65 lbs (and I still have 20 lbs to go!), we updated our home gym, I joined a commercial gym, I had a birthday, David had a birthday, David had his shoulder surgery, our baby isn’t so baby-ish anymore (they grow so fast!), I got my Spinning Certification, and we have taken a couple trips home (among other places)!
I am looking forward to 2013. I feel like there is so much excitement and things to look forward to in the coming year!  There is nothing specifically I am looking forward to – just everything in general. There is an aura in the air of peace, tranquility, and contentment. And it is much welcomed!

2 comments: