Monday, January 9, 2012

Power Thoughts

Quote of the Week:

YOUR PROBLEM IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM; IT IS YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS YOUR PROBLEM THAT’S YOUR PROBLEM. – Joyce Meyer
Let me just say that I love Joyce Meyer. She has such practical sermons for today’s world. I heard this quote from her a couple months ago and it has stuck with me ever since.
If the biggest issue with a “problem” is attitude, then we have to figure out how to adjust our attitude.  I believe it is safe to say that our thoughts play a significant role in our attitude. Are we thinking positive thoughts, fearful thoughts, negative thoughts?
I came across one of Joyce’s articles in Enjoying Everyday Life entitled Are Your Thoughts Powerful or Pitiful?  I would like to share some of that article with you here:
Power Thought: God Loves Me Unconditionally
You may not feel like you are amazing or awesome, but God says you are. Psalm 139 says we are fearfully and wonderfully made – the human body is a truly amazing creation when you study it. And when you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, something happens to you on the inside (the heart and mind). Paul writes of it this way:  Therefore if any person is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
Once you’re “in Christ”, a gradual and patient work of transformation is underway. You may not notice any difference when you look in the mirror; your behavior may not change overnight; but God is working…He sees the end of things from the beginning, and He sees you as new and completely righteous – and He loves you unconditionally.
Power Thought: I Will Not Live In Fear
Is fear holding you back in life? Do you struggle with worry and anxiety? When fear rears its ugly head next time, say out loud, “I will not live in fear.”  In fact, meditate on it.
By doing this you will be even more prepared to stand against fear when it does come. Remember, it will take time. Be committed to stick with it until you see change.  I still say, “I will not live in fear” out loud when needed. This morning, I woke up and said, “This is the day the Lord has made. I will enjoy this day and I will not live in fear.”
It’s OK to feel fear, but you can move beyond it by realizing it’s just the devil’s attempt to prevent you from enjoying life or making any kind of progress. Do what you believe you’re supposed to do even if you have to “do it afraid”.
Power Thought: I Am Difficult To Offend
Some people say over and over, “I am just touchy and get my feelings hurt easily. That is just the way I am. I can’t help it.” They believe this about themselves, and this belief controls their words and actions, which is so unfortunate because it’s so ungodly!  It’s also an excuse to continue wrong behavior. I cannot stress enough how important it is to become a person who is difficult to offend.  Satan desperately tries to prevent us from making spiritual progress. If he can keep us focused on who we are angry with and what they did to us, we cannot focus on God’s Word and His plan for us. Plus, we won’t grow spiritually.
We should be spiritually mature, patient, kind and gentle with others, and wise enough not to allow them to offend us. We cannot control what others do to us, but through God we can control the way we respond to them.  So say it with me, “I am difficult to offend.”
If you would like to read more about this topic, you can read more about these thoughts plus nine others in Joyce’s book Power Thoughts. It is available wherever books are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment