Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year, A New Blog

You have probably noticed the new and improved layout of the blog. I decided it was time for a facelift! So here are a couple of changes I have made to the CMS blog:

1.       A NEW layout. There are tabs at the top of the website: Classic, Flipcard, Magazine, Mosaic, Sidebar, Snapshot, and Timeline. These are all different ways for YOU to change the layout to view the blog. My favorites are the Classic and the Sidebar. What are yours?

2.       Mobile Blogging. Although I am still in the process of figuring this entire thing out and I am still a bit skeptical about it, I decided to give it a try. Apparently there are ways to text and email blog entries and photos. IF I can figure out how in the world to get it to work, it will mean that I can blog on the go…which means MORE blogging J

3.       Google+. The blog is now linked to my Google+ account (it is Google’s version of Facebook…well kind of). I will admit that I am a Facebook junkie because it is HOW I stay connected to everyone back home. I am seriously thinking of transitioning off of Facebook to 100% Google+. We will see how long THAT lasts!

4.       Weekly Blog Updates with a Quote of the Week.  This is a GOAL. I started this blog for a reason, and it seems that each year my annual number of entries keeps dwindling. So, I decided to give myself a goal of a blog a week.

5.       What YOU can do – comment on my entries dadgummit! Keep me accountable! It lets me know that somewhere, someone is out there in the land of cyber space reading…otherwise it is like I am just talking to a brick wall – or pushing on some guys fireplace mantle, expecting a secret passageway to open.

The quote of the week this week is:
BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND!

And that is exactly what I am doing. I should have AT LEAST 52 entries by the end of the year. Updates galore. And it is NOT like I don’t have anything to say J

2 comments:

  1. Im leaving a comment cause walls are no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Kyrstal you are too funny! Thanks for commenting though :)

    ReplyDelete