Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Quick Update!

David and I have returned (briefly) from Ft. Jackson – we found a super cute apartment about 10 minutes from post!

Court Yard

Our new backyard - stocked with bass too!

Front yard

Dining/ Kitchen

Living Room

It’s actually really great that we will be in Ft. Jackson over the summer – my best friend’s father lives up there so we already know someone! We had dinner with him one evening to catch up on LIFE…the next day at our hotel, we had a little surprise from him waiting on us =)


Also, while we were up there, I went “car looking”…the car salesman, of course, made small talk and I told him we were new to the area, my husband was in the army, etc. He asked what I was planning on doing as far as jobs were concerned and I told him about my personal training background and that I would probably continue building my personal training business in South Carolina. He mentioned that he knew someone that managed a local gym and that he would make a couple phone calls to see if he could at least help me get an interview =) Neat, huh?! Even cooler, is this guy actually called me back with the manager’s contact information, I called him, and I have an appointment next week to meet with the manager! I am stoked!

Since we have returned to Tally, we have been talking with all of the usual service providers – utilities, cable, Internet, etc. about turning off services in Florida and getting everything set up in South Carolina. So far, so good! Everything has gone smoother than expected so far. Wednesday, the packers are coming to pack and Thursday another set of folks are coming to load everything up for its journey to SC…we are super excited, a little sad, but we are embracing this as a NEW opportunity to GO and LIVE and EXPLORE everything the world has to offer…and maybe give a little back during this whole process =)

AND..... MOST important, I COULD NOT go up there without checking out the stables.  This is the riding arena, overlooking the golf course.  It is directly behind the Officer's Club - HOW convenient, right?!  Now, we just have to buy the RIGHT horse trailer to bring my baby up with us!




I will continue to update the blog during our move! We MAY be out of Internet for a couple days once we get up there, but hopefully no longer than a few days =)  Again, thank you for all your support!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment