Sunday, June 13, 2010

How to be a wife of a U.S. Army Officer...mm hmm

OK – so I have began the “research” on how to be a fabulous Army Officer’s wife…the unspoken rules of what is to come/ what my future responsibilities will be. To put it bluntly, I am in for a REAL experience! I have found blogs of those that have come before me to be most helpful.
There is A LOT on the internet regarding officer vs. enlisted wives and the stigma that is attached to it…I feel like I have been knocked down before I have even tried. But, I know there will always be those people that are unhappy NO matter what, and frankly there is nothing I can do about that…so I will just have to do the best I can with the people I come into contact with and just be myself…

So, I have been trying to find some books on the topic. So far, I have narrowed it down to these:

1. The Army Wife Handbook: A Complete Social Guide









2. Married to the Military: A Survival Guide for Military Wives, Girlfriends, and Women in Uniform







3. Help! I'm a Military Spouse--I Get a Life Too!: How to Craft a Life for You As You Move With the Military, Second Edition








4. The Military Wives' Cookbook: 200 Years of Traditions, Recipes, and Remembrances {mostly b/c we all know I can’t cook – don’t think the guests would enjoy asparagus and orange roughy for dinner ;-) }









A lot of the websites say that there are a TON of books on the etiquette and how to host teas/ coffees/ etc. and more importantly, when it is appropriate to do so, but I have found none of those yet (in the very short amount of time I have spend researching the subject). The book that is number one on the list appears to be the most formal of the books…not that I am a very formal person, but the information is stuff I definitely need to know…apparently.

So, Stay tuned...this should be a GREAT blog on the blind leading the blind :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment