Monday, May 10, 2010

Friday morning, David and I left for Atlanta to go to my second NPC competition: The Eastern Seaboard. As I mentioned before, I was not nervous…until my trainer mentioned that this was a Red Carpet event. Uh Oh…that got my nerves going. I think I cried half the way to Atlanta, and argued with David the other half (over important things…like why the sky is blue and the grass is green…you know the stuff) By the time we actually arrived, I’m surprised we were both functioning properly =/


Anyways – it all ended up being OK – Not at all what I had expected, but OK. I suppose my expectations were just set too high. Live and learn, I guess!


The Red Carpet part was actually the most fun (out of this part of the weekend, that is!)


Here are a couple pics from the Red Carpet:






































I did a mini photo shoot on the Red Carpet and an interview with BodTV (that made me super nervous ~ TV just isn’t my THANG!) Sure hope they don’t play it anywhere LOL!


The second part of the trip just MADE our weekend!!! We got to see JASON =) It was actually his birthday weekend and his parents went up to visit, so we decided to stop by “on the way home” (we kind of made it on the way) and hang out for a little while =)

We ate lunch at Long Horn Steakhouse, then went back to Ft. Benning to take a look around the base.


We saw the barracks where David will be during OCS:
















The Airborne training grounds:













































Keep them shades boys ~ your futures are real bright!

















A flying ice cream cone ;-)




















Us in the PX parking lot:















That's all the new news for now =) Stay tuned! Jason is graduating this Friday ~ hope to have pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment