Monday, October 18, 2010

D-DAY!

Pheeewwww…OK, so I’m not going to lie, today was a DOOZY! Everything is such a blur, I don’t even know where to begin…but here is my best attempt – military style!

Monday @
0400: Wake-up call! Mariann (David’s sister) and I said our good-byes to David at the MEPS hotel (which was VERY nice, by the way…and under any other circumstance, I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more!)






















0500: David checked in with MEPS…ate breakfast (I hope!!!) – Mariann and I couldn’t go back to sleep, so we decided to go ahead and start our day.
0600: David left the MEPS hotel for the MEPS facility. Mariann and I had breakfast (they didn’t start serving until 0630, though…slightly inconvenient, considering we had been up for over two hours...)
0640: David ??? – We grew tired of the beautiful scenery at the hotel, so we decided to track down a Starbucks…Heaven in a cup ;-)
0700: Cha-Ching…Starbucks Found! Grande non-fat peppermint white chocolate mocha with whip, pleeeeze!
0800: We checked into the MEPS Facility…went through security…and waited.
0900: …and waited
1000: …and waited
1100: …and waited
1200: …FINALLY, the ceremony we were waiting for =)






















1230: We said our last and final goodbyes (for a short while anyway) and wished him well =)


1300: CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!!
















1400 - 1600: Retail Therapy (We also tossed a coin into the fountain to wish David well on his journey!)

















1700 - 1900: Came Back to Tally (with “David”…I felt as though I was forgetting something in Jacksonville…and decided it was David, so I improvised.)









2000: Got a phone call from DAVID!!!! <3
2100: Updating the Blog =)
2200 – 2400: HOPEFULLY getting a good nights rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment